ICT Service Desk Engineer
Support / Gent
Apply for this job
The primary role of the Service Desk Engineer is to field calls from users experiencing issues with supported applications and systems. Incidents are logged within a ticket management system. The Service Desk Engineer provides remote and physical support to ensure required coverage during business hours and in standby after hours. The Mainfreight Service Desk team supports and takes calls from all Mainfreight branches and their customers across Europe.
The ICT service desk engineer:
- answers user calls and responds to customer incidents and problems;
- creates and resolves trouble tickets according to service level agreements;
- transfers tickets to other teams as required for resolution or escalate to supervisor;
- provides excellent desk side support at Mainfreight branches and customer locations;
- follows up with customers to validate that the issue has been resolved;
- works with abroad support teams to resolve tickets as required;
- monitors company infrastructure alerts using specific tools;
- regularly travels to Oostende;
- sporadically travels to European branches to implement changes and projects;
- identifies areas for Continuous Service Improvement;
- works in shifts from Monday to Friday, 8:00-16:45 or 8:30-17:15.
The skills and abilities we are looking for:
- passionate about technology;
- 3 to 5 years of customer service experience;
- good knowledge of the Microsoft Platform, Networking, Printing, Citrix, Exchange etc;
- strong problem solving and communication skills;
- very good knowledge of Dutch and English both oral and written – knowledge of French is an asset;
- ability to work under pressure and recognize the importance of teamwork in the support environment;
- ability to listen and identify IT related issues, articulate technical instructions to support our clients over the phone;
- ability to collect, examine, and analyze data from a variety of sources and offer solutions;
- IT and ITIL related certification is considered an asset;
- flexibility, punctuality and willingness to learn are key aspects for this position;
- knowledge and experience in the transportation and logistics business is an advantage.
What we have to offer:
- you will be based in our brand new office in Zwijnaarde;
- employment contract of indefinite duration;
- being part of the Mainfreight family;
- internationally oriented ICT team;
- attractive salary with extralegal benefits (paid ADV, meal vouchers, group and health insurance, etc.).
Want to apply?
Please mail your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com
attn. Rob Verheijen, Business Solutions Manager.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Do you want to know more?